Friday 23 September 2011

Hackney City Farm

I'd never visited Hackney City Farm before- so as I had a day off today I decided to go and visit it. Its located in a corner of Haggerston Park in the East of London- probably about a 5 min walk from Hoxton overground station.

Its not a huge farm but I would really recommend visiting! They have a whole range of animals- from smaller pets like rabbits and guinea pigs, a goose, pigeons, and loads of free range chickens and ducks. And they have a flock of sheep, some pigs, a couple of goats and a donkey.

There is also a vegetable garden, a cafe, and a shop where they sell eggs and plants.

The chickens are pretty much allowed to wander everywhere which is lovely to see! I was particularly liked a large white Silkie cockerel who was crowing pretty much constantly! When he found a piece of corn- he used a different sound to call his girl friends over - who all came running to see what he had found for them- it was really sweet to see how he looked after them!

I wonder if these are the animals I met at the Phoenix Garden Agricultural show last month?.

Def go and visit this lovely place if you are in the area!



Open: Tues- Sun 10-4:30 Free Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...